Notes from 3/14/19
Attendees: Trent Boarnet, Mark Ingram, Mel Cohen, Daniel Laser, Craig Gulledge, Tracey Gulledge
Update->3/20/19 City of San Antonio’s ozone attainment plan was brought before the city council B session. The presentation can be found at https://sanantonio.legistar.com/View.ashx?M=F&ID=7109722&GUID=B3D68239-AAAF-4483-900A-B50A42280C8D. The draft of the plan can be found at https://www.sanantonio.gov/Portals/0/Files/health/HealthyEnvironment/MasterPlan-Ozone.pdf.
3/28/19 4-6pm Green Space Alliance (108 E Mistletoe) Open House (Tracey will attend).
4/22/19, Earth Day.
5/30/19 7pm Temple Beth-El H3 Meeting
Texas Legislature important dates:
- 5/27/19 Last day of regular legislative session
- City of San Antonio (CoSA) Adopt-a-Park Program
- San Pedro Park is available for adoption
- Adoption occurs for one year and it is expected that organization will complete at least 6 small projects per year.
- Projects include items like painting benches, mulching, litter pick up, etc.
- Organization can suggest projects they want to do or COSA can make list.
- All volunteers must fill out waiver.
- Contact is Meredith Tilley at 210-207-8603.
- Meeting with Rabbi Yergin (pick dates via her doodle link)
- City Public Service (CPS)/CoSA Climate Action Plan
- Mark attended 2 meetings and participated in round table discussion.
- Draft can be found at https://climateactionsa.com/
- Energy is a HOT item, should probably be a permanent sub-topic
- Mel attended CPS meeting concerning solar energy/solar farm(s)
- Status- CPS is working on the next expansion of its solar farm project. More info can be found at https://www.cpsenergy.com/en/about-us/programs-services/energy-generation/solar-power.html
- For any home owner interested in solar panels, more info can be found at https://www.cpsenergy.com/en/my-home/savenow/solar.html
- CPS Wind power program info can be found at https://www.cpsenergy.com/en/about-us/programs-services/energy-generation/wind/windtricity.html
- From CPS website: “Residential or business customers can enroll in Windtricity by choosing a percentage level or a monthly set rate for participation. You can choose to participate anywhere from 10% to 100% of your monthly bill, or pay the same about every month: $5, $10, $20 or $40.”
- Are discounts still available for LED lighting and/or electric lawn mowers? All current CPS rebate program details can be found at https://www.cpsenergy.com/en/my-home/savenow.html
- Google Calendar
- Update-> Tracey created a google calendar called “TBE Env Group”. Direct links were sent out to group members. Public link is https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=hiihsng494fh44mmha37jtm3bo%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America%2FChicago
- City of San Antonio's Office of Sustainability (local)
- Keep San Antonio Beautiful (local)
- Green Spaces Alliance (local)
- Environment Texas (state)
- Texas Campaign for the Environment (state)
- Environmental Bills to Watch
- Legislative Issues (Water)
Next meeting: Thursday 4/18/19 at 6:30pm at Thai Topaz, 2177 NW Military. (Private room reserved by Daniel)