Notes from 2/7/19
Attendees: Trent Boarnet, Mark Ingram, Mel Cohen, Daniel Laser, Craig Gulledge, Tracey Gulledge
Upcoming Watch Items:
2/11/19 Fracking presentation by Sister Elizabeth Riebschlaeger.
3/1/19 City of San Antonio to release Ozone Action Plan. This is the city’s plan to bring the San Antonio Metropolitan Area back into attainment levels for ozone.
Monday, 4/22/19, Earth Day.
Texas Legislature important dates:
- 3/8/19 End of introduction of new bills.
- 5/27/19 Last day of regular legislative session
Discussion Items (Action Items below:
- Environmental links sent via email from Ross Halfant:
- City Public Service (CPS) Climate Action and Adaptation Plan (CAAP) Meeting is 2/18/19. Mark Ingram will attend.
- Adopt-a-highway/road/spot (handouts) and Adopt-a-park ideas. (Craig Gulledge will see if any roads or spots around TBE are available. Tracey Gulledge will find out if San Pedro park is available for adoption.)
- City of San Antonio Ozone Action Plan to be released. (Once it is released, Tracey Gulledge will send out a follow up email reviewing the plan.)
- Potential subsidies for environmental improvements to TBE building. (Daniel Laser will research.)
Next meeting: Thursday 3/14/19 at 6:30pm at Thai Topaz, 2177 NW Military. (Private room reserved by Daniel)