Meeting Notes from 3/27/2019
Attendees: Mina Lopez, Hannah Margolis, Ross Halfant
- Discussion on where we would like the immigration team to go (i.e. what should this group look like?)
- Hands on projects
- Organizations that we would/could partner with
- Discussion on what does research mean
- Who do we at Temple Beth-El have connections with?
- What organizations, nonprofits, groups are already doing the ground work, so we avoid 'rebuilding the wheel'?
- Discussion on what leadership looks like
- Doesn't have to be the same leader every meeting -- take turns
- Need for someone to help schedule and facilitate meetings and communication
- Leader is a "strong word"
- Responsibility can (and should!) be shared
There was an idea brought by Mina for trying to organize and help a backpack assembly event at El Divino church on April 20th. There's been attempted communication with Temple Sisterhood to see about getting volunteers to help out on that day.
Toy drive for immigrant children at bus stations
Meal packing event for Temple: